- Edible glue: 1 cup of confectioner’s sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon of water in a cup or bowl. Add water 1 teaspoon at a time to make it the consistency of Elmer’s glue.
- 1 package of striped fudge cookies
- 1 bag of Reese’s mini peanut butter cups
- Chocolate stars or chocolate wafers (we used the melting wafers from a package of Baker’s Dipping Chocolate)
- 1 bag of candy corn
- “Glue” an unwrapped peanut butter cup to the middle of the cookie to make the turkey’s belly.
- Glue a chocolate wafer to the bottom of the peanut butter cup to make the turkey’s feet.
- Glue a candy corn piece for the beak.
- Allow turkeys to lie flat on their backs while icing glue dries.
Stand a turkey on each plate. Or take a whole flock of them as a treat for your office staff. If a turkey wobbles and falls over, there’s only one thing you can do about that: Eat it!
Get more affordable DIY decor ideas for Thanksgiving here, here and here.